Pages

Sunday, April 13, 2014

People were yelling and mocking us

Hola! I don't have much time today, I have to pack and stuff... I'm leaving earrrrllly Monday morning for Mexico, I have never been more excited! So just a quick experience I had this week. I went to Vegas to get my visa, and being out of the MTC was great! I felt realllly like a missionary, every person I passed I just wanted to talk to and I wanted to help them or know if they were searching for something more in life....haha...it sounds so dumb, but I just felt such a love for everyone even in sin city! Well when we landed back in Utah around 11 at night we were walking out of the airport and a family of about 10 started yelling my heroes, the missionaries, this is so awesome, and clapping and hollering....they were mocking us. It hurt, but I wasn't sad, we just smiled and waved like they were serious...haha. Later before I went to sleep I kept pondering on this family, I felt so sad for them! I just wanted to help them see WHO they were rejecting...because it wasn't me....Christ till this day continues to be rejected, I felt a pinch of how the Savior must have felt. All he did was serve, and love, and teach to gospel. and many rejected him, laughed, mocked, spat on him....abused him, but he STILL did what was to be done, he still forgave them and loved everyone even the evil ones. 1 Nephi 19:9 "and the world, because of their iniquity, shall judge him to be a thing of naught; wherefore they scourge him, and he suffereth it; and they smite him, and he suffereth it. Yea, they spit upon him, and he suffereth it, because of his loving kindness and his long-suffering towards the childern of men." This scripture kept ringing in my head, and now more than ever am I determined and excited to go out and serve. Love casteth out all fear, so we need to have that unconditional love for our Savior, and follow in his footsteps by serving him and giving our lives to him. I'm typing so fast so all of this might not make much sense....I love you all!!! In this day and time it is crucial that we stand STRONG for our beliefs and not falter. We are getting stronger and the world is getting more wicked! But after this experience I kept listening to If you could Hie to Kolob..... there is no end to matter, there is no end to space, there is no end to spirit, there is no end to race. there is no end to glory, there is no end to love, there is no end to being, there is no death above. there is no end to virtue, there is no end to might, there is no end to wisdom....there is no end to light, there is no end to union, there is no end to youth, there is no end to priesthood....there is NO END TO TRUTH....the wicked one day will perish....but the righteous will be lifted up....it's time to warn and invite people.....all is well in Zion. Hermana Megan Waddell




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com